GUIDE TO APPLY LABUAN CORPORATE TAX RESIDENCE CERTIFICATE
All Labuan entities are eligible to apply for Corporate Tax Residence Certificate which entitles them to enjoy the tax benefits under the double tax agreement (DTA) as long as they fulfill the following pre-requisites:
- Management and control of the Labuan entity is being exercised in Malaysia
- Have existing corporate tax file opened (LE number)
Labuan Corporate Tax Residence Certificate is issued based on the previous year assessment. No advance tax certificate will be issued. A newly registered Labuan company will be eligible to apply as long as the company not filed its first tax returns.
The application for Labuan Corporate Tax Resident Certificate required the following documents:
- Business contracts and invoices for the year
- Director’s passport of record entry and exit of Malaysia
- Minutes and resolutions of the company to prove control and management
The processing by Malaysia Inland Revenue Board (IRB) will take approximate 1 to 2 weeks. The above procedure may change from time to time by IRB, please do check with us the latest information. The Corporate Tax Resident Certificate granted covers the previews year assessment which is normally presented to the Inland Revenue Department of another country.